- AUD/USD: Trading the Change in Australian Employment
by DailyFX | June 8 10 4:05 EDT
With the Australian economy skirting the global recession, a rise in employment could drive the exchange rate higher as the outlook for growth and inflation improves.
- Euro Could See Further Weakness on Dovish ECB, Continued Risk Aversion
by DailyFX | June 8 10 3:50 EDT
The Euro is struggling to hold onto earlier gains as concerns over the impact from increasing austerity measures in the region on growth remains a weighing factor. Germany the one country in the region which has shown signs of a sustainable recovery has announced a package of spending cuts intended to keep the country's sovereign debt in check.
- NZD/USD Offers Scalping Opportunity Ahead Of RBNZ Rate Decision
by DailyFX | June 8 10 11:01 EDT
The New Zealand dollar has started to see price action quiet along with the broader market following Friday’s flight to safety on the back of the U.S. labor report. The upcoming RBNZ rate decision on June 9th could lead to further consolidation for the NZD/USD with expectations for a change in policy.
- Swiss Government Raises 2010 Economic Activity, German Industrial Production Rises More than Forecasted
by DailyFX | June 8 10 8:24 EDT
Switzerland’s unemployment rate in May fell to 3.8 percent from 4.0 percent the previous month, marking the lowest level since August 2009.
- Daily Sound Bites 06.08
by DailyFX | June 8 10 7:53 EDT
- British Pound Weighed by Fitch Comments, Euro To Hold Steady Heading Into U.S. Trade
by DailyFX | June 8 10 7:47 EDT
The British Pound extended the decline from the previous day and slipped to a low of 1.4373 during the European trade as Fitch Ratings held a cautious outlook for the region, and the uncertainties surrounding the outlook for monetary and fiscal policy may weigh on the currency throughout the day as the new coalition pledges to cut public spending and narrow the budget deficit.
- US Dollar, Yen Decline as Bernanke Comments Boost Risk Appetite
by DailyFX | June 8 10 1:35 EDT
The US Dollar and the Japanese Yen fell against most major currencies as stocks advanced for the first in three session in Asian trade after the Fed’s Ben Bernanke reassured markets on US economic growth.
- Opening Comment 06.08
by DailyFX | June 8 10 1:06 EDT
Markets have generally held up quite well over the past 24 hours, with currencies, global equities, and commodity prices all stabilizing and deferring to some form of consolidation.
- Crude Oil Exhibits Relative Strength
by DailyFX | June 7 10 11:36 EDT
Oil prices are caught in a narrow trading range as traders weigh the latest economic fears against Gulf of Mexico supply concerns. Prices are poised to move significantly once a direction is established.
- Dollar Within Reach of Four-Year Highs as Hungary Backs Off Default Talk
by DailyFX | June 7 10 8:38 EDT
• Dollar Within Reach of Four-Year Highs as Hungary Backs Off Default Talk
• Euro May Have Suffered Permanent Damage from Hungary’s Panic-Inducing Comments
• British Pound Holds Strong Despite Prime Minister’s Warning that Conditions Worst than Expected
• Swiss Franc Rallies to New Record High against Euro as Traders Seek Safety
• Australian Dollar Slips Alongside Confidence, Yield Expectations